Japan Matsuri, Japan in the very heart of London
London is one of the cities that presents a greater cultural diversity in Europe. And although the Japanese is not one of the main communities, it takes an important part in the capital of the United Kingdom.
The 30th September a new edition of the Japan Matsuri arrives in London, a celebration that presents a showing of Japanese culture.
From 10am to 8pm you will be able to enjoy a programme of activities in which we can highlight gastronomy, music, dance and activities related to Japan and suitable for all audiences:
- The traditional mikoshi procession.
- Judo exhibitions by Budokwai, the oldest Japanese martial arts club in Europe, opened in London in 1918.
- Origami demonstrations, the art of paper holding typical of Japan.
- Japanese calligraphy art workshop.
- Japanese food stalls with yakisoba, sushi, gyozas, mochis…
And much more!
This year the festival counts with two stages, both located in the very heart of London, at Trafalgar Square.
Related Stops: Trafalgar Square, Duncannon St, stop Q, of the route Tower Red Tour